View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the Fleetwood Mac dinner show at Konocti Harbor in Clear Lake on Oct. 6, 1994. Tickets were $75. Prime rib buffet was served from 6 to 8:30 p.m., & showtime was at 8 p.m.

No smoking. All seats reserved.

It was fun! You got to eat dinner & then watch Fleetwood Mac play. Everyone was full of vim & vigor except for Dave Mason, who looked totally bored playing songs like "The Chain" & "Don't Stop" & "Say You Love Me."

He pepped up for one song -- a great drumless rendition of "We Just Disagree."

Bekka sang one Stevie Nicks song -- "Gold Dust Woman" -- the arrangement of which you've probably all heard by now.

She sang several Chris McVie songs -- "Say You Love Me," "World Turning," "You Make Loving Fun," "Don't Stop."

Steve Thoma, on keyboards, sounded like a hundred other professional session keyboardists. He had no discernible personality of his own, or at least wasn't encouraged to display it.

After the concert, which the dinner audience greeted pretty warmly, I talked with Mick Fleetwood a bit out back behind the stage, on the dock overlooking the lake. I told him I was happy to see Billy back with the group because I thought he had a good voice & a winning, if somewhat shy, personality. I asked about a studio album, & Mick told me there would be one "soon," & that the band would be touring more dates in Northern California shortly. Then I told him that I had just seen Stevie Nicks perform in Sacramento at Arco Arena on Aug. 29, about a month earlier. He said he hadn't heard Stevie's new album yet.

I told him to give my best to John, who must have been in his dressing room nursing a headache or something. I give Mick my copy of "My Life & Adventures" to sign, which he did, & he told me to wait while he took the book in to John to sign, too.

moviekinks.blogspot.com