View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think he cares, tbh. and i think he also still worries about her - and for all we know might be even happy for her. RnRHoF is not nearly as big a deal as it used to be, you only hear about it if there's some huge scandal. like Janet Jackson was trending when it was announced because of all ups and downs she's been through since the nipplegate. and maybe if Radiohead refuses to be at the ceremony that will be talked about.

but LB? he just wrapped up extremely successfull first leg of the solo tour and is gonna do another leg. going home to enjoy some family time for holidays before big plans next year. probably hearing all kinds of amusing stories about what's going on in FM camp (Mick apparently told someone at m&g that they need to brush up on some songs during the break - which makes no sense!). and he's a man. this might be a big deal to feminists - and they may either feel extremely positive or extramely negative towards it, depending on whether they love her or think she's phony re her "feminism". and it's a huge deal to SN fans. but the rest of the world doesn't care much. i read some place that this year's RnRHoF slate of inductees is pretty good, except the Nicks one which is kinda just wasted; considering her persona and influence is with FM and she already was in for that.
I think he does. I think the two of them both have a competitiveness with each other that will never go away. He feels like he's the more talented musician, she's "the singer", and he contributed more to both of their success, rightly or wrongly (hence the I'm Keith Richards and she's Mick Jagger insinuation). It will always get under his skin when she has a big success, and vice versa. As Stevie's favorite "truth teller" Tom Petty said, "They love each other but man they really do hate each other". I believe it.