View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This kind of reminds me of our unpopular opinions thread a while back, it's fun to reflect on our favourite band and their many great points and equally glaring flaws. But who among us isn't flawed, we're just not all cag illionaires like we've made these five folks.

Here's mine:
Fleetwood Mac squandered Stevie's backlog of great material and her era defining voice, by limiting her to 3 songs per album in the early days and should have shortened the tours and did a 75, 76, and 77 album before venturing off into Tusk land. The long gruelling tours ruined that precious instrument. That is to say, Rumours in 76 followed by another album in the same vein before Tusk, with more Nicks songs and more of her stellar vocals of the period.

The band, and fans alike, neglect the real heros of the band, namely Green, Kirwan and Welch, that talent pool rivals the best in the business, including the Beatles, Zep and Clapton! Buckingham, Nicks and McVie pale in comparison,although I love them to death.

Stevie threw her solo success into the Mac's faces and the Mac's jealous response forever changed the dynamic and prevented them from ever making another great album, see Mirage, although great moments, it suffered because of this. Both sides are to blame, even to this day. The new album will not be great as a result, and no other album ever came close.

That's a start....

Last edited by On Ice; 11-10-2016 at 08:36 AM..