View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The Wilson sisters are mistaken. Bad Animals was released about the time of Tango and their 1987-1988 tour coincided with Fleetwood Mac's tour.
I think they are referring to their 1985 tour where Stevie sings back up during What About Love. Not only does the timeline make sense, there is an actual recording of her with them. I dont see how Stevie had time to be in the Bad Animals tour.
The Wham story is funny because the summer of 1985 Stevie was probably at her worst. Her solo album was a year over due. Her producer walked out. Even after RAL was released in November 1985, Stevie ducked her own tour rehearsals for a drug binge tour with Petty of Australia.
I agree she looks horrible in the photo. I always hated the Tango/Rocks hair style.

Edit: I checked the tour list. Bad Animals played Arizona in September 1987. Stevie was with the Mac. However, Heart's 1985 tour played Arizona December 7 and December 8, 1985 which makes sense. Instead of promoting her new album, she is on tour with another band partying yet again.

These stories just make me so sympathetic to Lindsey. I cant imagine this beast showing up, tired, emotional, drugged up and drunk to a recording session. I think if you play Tango In The Night backwards, somewhere it says MAY DAY MAY DAY get me out of here.

This is from December 15, 1985 Universal City, CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnv2HZAGHA

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-26-2019 at 05:02 AM..