Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Press Article on woman who worked as wardrobe designer for FM and was initially inspired by Stevie's clothes:

http://www.1888pressrelease.com/jill...pr-105644.html

Jill Focke Unveils New Line of Asian Inspired Evening Wear

(1888PressRelease) March 13, 2009 - Jill Focke was once just a designer to the stars. But after many years of serving Hollywood and the rock n’ roll elite, Jill started J. Ellen Designs where she now creates designer original eveningwear, casual wear and jewelry for the everyday woman.

After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh, Ms. Focke worked for various theatrical companies, including Pittsburgh Public Theatre, Ringling Brothers Circus and the Houston Grand Opera and soon landed work in the wardrobe department for the Carl Reiner film ‘That Old Feelin’ in 1997.

Jill quickly moved into the touring aspect of the music business as wardrobe supervisor for such acts as Bette Midler, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Diana Ross, Miley Cyrus, the Backstreet Boys and Lenny Kravitz.

Initially motivated by designs for Stevie Nicks, Jill now uses beautifully beaded and embroidered Asian fabrics, which makes each piece unique and special.

“More times than not, it's the fabric that inspires my designs, and not the other way around,” Jill says of her creations. “I have been so influenced by the beauty of the Sari fabrics that I have worked with, that for me it is better to find the gorgeous pieces of fabric, and then decide what they should become. So, for me, it's all about the fabric.”

Jill feels her talent is best expressed on her own terms and not letting herself get caught up in the commercial competition that is prevalent in the fashion industry. This has resulted in a clientele that is confident that each of their garments will never be duplicated.

For more information on Jill Focke and J. Ellen Designs, you can visit her website: www.JillsDesigns.etsy.com or email her at: jill ( @ ) j-ellendesigns dot com.