View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I’m really glad that it didn’t reach that place until we had pretty much… Music had changed so much by the time it got to be two years ago, that we weren’t really making records anymore anyway. So it’s like we got everything we needed to do in that space between 1975, ​’till when we kind of broke up the original Fleetwood Mac"

Wow. That says it all really, doesn't it? She was willing to finally push him out after she felt like there wasn't any more she could get (gain) from working with him.

I love how she says "we" weren't making records anymore anyway. Uh, well, the rest of your band was, and did. But perhaps after BuckVie she said, right, don't ever expect me to make another album with y'all again now....

And so, she could easily have looked at The Eagles and boy Glen was dead but they sure were touring and making lots of bucks anyway with a replacement, and lots of other bands too..... so as long as they didn't need LB for records, it had become the perfect time for her to cash in all her anger or whatever.

And by the way, Stevie, the Rumours 5 is NOT the "original" FM.

I also love how she debunks again that it was anyone's idea but hers to go to rehab the first time, though she tells it now that there WAS indeed an intervention for which she fired managers etc BUT she had already decided to go to rehab before the intervention and had made her reservation at Betty Ford etc. For YEARS she denied there was ANY intervention of any kind. Spin, pivot, spin.
The part that got me is the way she talks about recording Tango. I read it as her saying she went to rehab and then they worked on the album. Which isn't true since we all know that they were already working on the album. There is one thing I have always wondered though. When was the RAL record actually finshed? I ask because I often wondered how much if any overlap they had in terms of recording Tango and her recording RAL.