View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Tango in the Night really was a huge part of people's lives here in the UK from 1987-88. It was massive. The reissue has already reached as high as #6 on the Amazon UK main album chart which shows how people still remember it and have such a high regard for it.

All of the singles, bar Isn't it Midnight, are played on the radio frequently. And even though some singles didn't reach that high, because the album sold so many copies, everyone knew the songs already. Just like Rumours. (The highest charting single off that was Dreams which only reached a measly #24 and look how popular it is). I can remember a few weeks back Seven Wonders was played and just as it started she said "Ah, I recognise those few bars. It's Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac." Would she say that about a regular single that only reached #56 in the chart. No. It's because everyone knew Seven Wonders because everyone had the album!
My Dad said he had 3 versions. LP, Cassette (which he wore out due to overplaying), and CD.

I completely relate to this. In fact, I was thinking the current cost might be so high just due to the fact the original album was such a big deal (so much more of a big deal in the UK than Mirage). If I'm not mistaken it go to number 1 in the UK on 3 separate occasions.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood