View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

I wish I had more nerve- and less fear! I think it'd be so...brave- to sneak in a little cdr player with powerful sound, whichever device, in a side pocket, with some cued-up Stevie-ness on it. So,when the opening bars of "Rhiannon" are played, to have the device blare out "At Laaaast, my love has come along" just before she were to sing the opening line 'Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night" but have it stop right away, so as not to throw off her and the band too much.
As the band begins Gypsy, and just as she sings 'So I'm back to the velvet underground', have the cued-up "all the waaayy, all the way down to Emmeline" play for 4 seconds, and so on. Or, as LB plucks out the opening of 'Never Going Back Again' play just a few seconds of the Mirage version ...'intense silence, as she walked in the room'.... And on The Chain, play the opening vocal lines of 'Frozen Love'-- i swear this would all be so much more inspiring to me than just hearing their stagnant set, yet again. (Though i DID really enjoy the Mohegan Sun Show I saw, though i don't think enough to go see them there again in a few days).
I guess I'd get thrown out. Almost be worth it. I'd LOVE it if some other fan did it.
Needless to say, one would have to be in the first several rows for this to work at all.