View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I wouldn't waste your feelings on those two.
Mike was only ever interested in a distraction involving jet planes, and Neil was looking to flog his solo album and get some dough and North America exposure, and he even said in an interview before the tour that "if the sh!t hits the fan" he won't care less and will return to his existing career and legacy.

The talk about "a fresh new band!" and "possible upcoming new material!" was standard Mick Fleetwood sales puffery.
I never felt, no matter what Mick spewed, Neil and Mike were in this more than for 1 tour. I feel like early on, Mike may have even alluded to as much. I never thought you’d get anything new out of them. I will admit I am eating my words because I never expected anything out of North America, so the few dates they announced for Europe are a surprise.
It’s got to be killing Mick, and probably Azoff to some extent, because while folks are flocking To see them, this is not their most successful tour, no matter how unique the set list is/or was when they Started. To end like this, is an embarrassing footnote for a great band.
Regardless of what side of this fiasco you are on, Lindsey came across totally sincere, heartfelt and humble in the interview, vs the band who really came across as a pack of liars from the second they opened their mouths. Even look at Mason’s body language and demeanor in the interviews. I went back and watched the April interview. It’s almost like he thinks they are lying to (purely my speculation I am reading his body language and I am by no means an expert)
I am curious to see who makes the next overture now. It will be interesting. My only concern ( well not only, but primary) is if LB does go back, I hope it’s not at the expense of his next album/tour, which he has said is likely late next year.