View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Discussions seem to be going around and around and around...

Just to clear up...
Stevie: 'We were going to go into rehearsals in June. He wanted to put it off until next November'
Clearly Stevie was referring to November 2018 (come on, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to appreciate that). That would have fit in with the solid year timeline of a tour start in January 2019.
Stevie said 'That's a long time'.
The interviewer clearly thought she meant November 2019. Now that would have been a long time.
Lindsey suggested he do some solo dates alongside the Fleetwood Mac shows instead of delaying. They said no.

In a twist of irony, their scheduled June rehearsals now don't take place until August anyway.
My guess is Lindsey wanted to time his solo work in line with the Mac tour. If it had come out in April he probably could have done a short tour. However, for whatever reason there was a delay on the release of his scheduled solo record.

Rescheduling the slated shows- would that really have been that difficult? Maybe... I don't really know.
Well summarised. Now correct me if I'm wrong, I think I read this but it may have been hearsay.....If the actual firing reason was simply a 'scheduling issue' and not a 'him or me' scenario....am I right in hearing that LB after the initial disagreement, went back to them and said 'ok I won't solo tour or delay FM, I'm in'...but it was too late and Mike and Neil had already been hired behind his back?