View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Yes, epilepsy can often be cured and Lindsey suffers a mild form of it; I found that in Bob brunnings's book it is affirmed that "his epilepsy was successfully controlled by anticonvulsant drugs."
Its not cured, BUT can be controlled. Perhaps he doesn't need the drugs any longer. I am surprised that he drives having epilepsy.

From WebMD: " Only then can your doctor create the treatment plan that is right for you. Today, most epilepsy is treated with medication. Drugs do not cure epilepsy, but they can often seizures very well. About 80% of people with epilepsy today have their seizures controlled by medication at least some of the time. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I have epilepsy and no, it cannot be cured. Many epileptics are fortunate enough to have their seizures either completely or almost completely controlled by medication, but the medicines treat the symptoms; they do not cure the condition.

Sometimes a person will stop suffering from seizures due to changes in their body chemistry, lifestyle, etc., and can stop taking medication. However, that is the exception, not the rule. Most need to take medication for the rest of their lives.

This ^ ^ ^