View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think Stevie is a very relevant artist. When 24K Gold was released it hit the TOP TEN. The only other aging white chick in the TOP TEN at that time was Barbra Streisand. Not bad for a rocker in her sixties. As soon as Christine called, she dropped EVERYTHING and toured with the MAC, AGAIN, after wrapping up months of touring with them and an appearance at The New Orleans Jazz Fest. Of course Christine is back and eager to get rolling musically, she has been away for sixteen years. More power to her! Chris and LB get along in the studio - Stevie and LB don't - a fact of life that we should all be used to by now. Stevie wanted her TWO years off from the MAC...no biggie. She gave them her blessing for the album.
I have concluded that no matter WHAT Stevie does, there will always be those that will have something negative to say. And as a fan they have every right. I do know that I have hundreds of Facebook Stevie and Fleetwood Mac fans that no longer come to this message board because of all the Stevie Bashing. People have been bashing Stevie for years and she is still going strong. I am a Stevie fan on The Edge of 60 and I have endured the bashing and I am still strong and going to see her for the second time this tour in New Orleans tomorrow night. When I saw the reunited RUMOURS lineup in Houston, it was a great show and it was great to see Christine with the band, and Stevie looked so happy!
But in October when I saw Stevie solo at the same venue, the crowd seemed to be more lively and stood longer and danced more than the MAC show...They are all growing older each day...I just want to enjoy them for as long as I can no matter what...and no matter how they choose to move forward as the MAC and as individual solo artists. We are pretty lucky that no one has retired yet!!!

Last edited by gypsy333; 03-14-2017 at 06:59 AM..