View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
According to FM77, an insider of sorts, it will be their last tour. Thank God! Put this travesty to rest!!!
I think it should be, but I will believe it when I see it. You can never underestimate the greed.

For Stevie it would be easy, because of course she can tour solo.

If FM really does stop touring, I'd bet it would be more due to John and/or Christine and health issues. I can't see Mick being unwilling to go on, nor Stevie. But she gets less hassle and more of a cut going out solo. And more of her songs.

Makes me wonder more about the discussions about firing Lindsey. If you knew this was your last tour, why boot him then? As LB points out, it sort of sh&ts on your legacy and the whole point of going out 'one last time'. A final tour should be a love letter to your fans and all the highlights of your career.

So one imagines the conversation being Stevie saying she won't tour with LB, the rest thinking well sh*t I was going to top off my bank account one last time (because clearly the thinking wasn't, hey this is our last tour let's be daring and do the set we always wanted to do or whatever) and Mick's whole admitted "we had to decide if we could do it anyway" which translates to "let's not leave all that money on the table".

But you know events like this jazz festival and other things will come up where people will ask them to play and Mick will run around trying to rally everyone else to do it. Who will he rally-- Mike and Neil as well? They will have moved on and have to consider dropping whatever they are doing for FM....not sure I see Mike doing that, but I suppose everyone has their price......

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-08-2019 at 12:55 PM..