View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Interesting thread (since I'm new, I have not read the previous threads like this).

Kate Bush would never want to be part of this notoriously dysfunctional band. She's extremely private and doesn't enjoy performing live, historically. After her very first tour she never toured again. Yes, her London Hammersmith residency a few years back was insanely popular and great, had a number of friends fly overseas for it and it blew their minds, but having a 13 date residency in your nearest hometown is a lot different from joining an aging and endlessly dramatic band loaded with baggage on a world tour. I'm sure she'd rather live in peace with her family, any day of the week.
you are forgetting that Stevie would not be a part of the band in this scenario. and she is where most of unnecessary and overblown drama comes from.

but i hear you. and also, my opinion was that after 2014-15, FM should not do another greatest hits tour. and if they had to do anything live, should have been some residency somewhere for a few dates. now if they had a new album that would have been different, but it was clear at that point that Stevie is holding that back with the 5, if she stays in the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Jenny Lewis? Maybe. Brandi Carlile? Maybe. I see the points that they're more relevant to the younger crowds but also... not nearly the star power overall. But alongside LB and Chris they'd probably balance out just fine and they'd probably jump at the chance (or maybe not, if they're also scared of the drama and heckling).
to clarify, Lindsey brought up Jenny Lewis as hypothetical to replace Stevie when she didn't want to work on new FM music in 2014. so i think he was considering she could be a good fit contributing music to FM album.

when he said that, some of us told him it should be 4 of them, no need for any replacements.

but i do have to wonder whether this type of scenario was considered and floated to the band some time in 2014-2015 when they were working on their new album (that later became BuckVie)? like maybe management was telling them - sure you can get rid of Stevie if she doesn't want to record anymore, but you need to bring in someone else who can be a draw to some of the similar audience. i've been to Jenny Lewis shows - girl power is huge among her audiences.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"