View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 04:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I haven't had a chance to sit down and write this until now, but I was at the York show, too. I drove up from DC Friday afternoon and met my college roommate how lives in a nearby town beforehand, and headed to the show as the opener was finishing up.

Definitely an older crowd than in DC, which is to be expected I think. In typical LB fashion, he got the asses out of the seats when all was said and done, which is always fun to watch. I was front row on the far left side and tried rallying people to get up during NGBA/Big Love. I think I was far enough to the side that the house staff didn't harass me about sitting down, which was nice. By Tusk, everyone around me was up through the end of the show.

LB seemed much more relaxed and happy than in DC, which had a few technical glitches. York was seamless. You could tell they are a really well-oiled machine now. It's a shame things are coming to an end soon!

Standout songs for me were Slow Dancing and I Must Go. These songs just rock live. Down on Rodeo is a definite highlight. And I have to say, Tusk and I'm So Afraid are still worth the price of admission (might be unpopular among the super-fans, but damn do they rock). Also, I noticed in DC that Lindsey never says the word "Tusk" during the performance, and the same was true in York. He kind of lets the audience fill in the blank themselves (unless I'm just missing it?).

I had grand plans to take a selfie of myself with Lindsey in the background while strumming the guitar during GYOW, but I got so into the moment that it just didn't happen. I'm okay with that. First time touching the guitar since Fleetwood Mac in Cleveland in 2004! He came to my side first, and nobody around me really seemed to know this was a thing, so I had my own private session with him -- for about half a second,

All in all, a great show and totally worth the drive. Very much looking forward to seeing him again next year!
I was in the end seat in the fifth row, to Lindsey's right, so I think we were on opposite sides.

I'd add "Go Insane" to the highlights, even with the "extra" vocals. I don't recall if he did the full-band version when I saw him in '92/'93, but he's definitely stuck to the acoustic-only version every time I've seen him since, so it was great to hear the "true-to-the-recording" version for a change! And it's such a fun song!

You didn't miss much with the opening act. His music was kinda dull. Seemed like a nice guy, though - he built a nice rapport with the audience between the sleep-inducing tunes!