View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I hate it when teachers say a mistake is stupid. They're never stupid because we learn from them. If you're learning a lesson you'll keep with you, it sure isn't stupid

There was recently a case in the news where a teacher was writing "Stupid!" on a seven-year-old girl's papers. I think he might have argued that he meant, "THAT'S stupid," rather than "YOU'RE stupid." But that's the way she took it. Her mother, of course, was none too pleased. I'm not sure what ended up happening but I have a sneaky feeling that the Administration ended up being VERY willing to be helpful towards the teacher. For example, in getting a copy of Resume Expert for him to use, finding boxes to use when he cleans out his desk, scheduling exit interviews...

By the way, I once had a substitute teacher when I was ten or so who said something to me like "just go sit down, you snot-nosed kid!" (I hadn't been "misbehaving" or anything, either.) Nobody made a federal case of it but just the same, pretty much all of the parents were certainly "made aware of " it.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-21-2010 at 08:47 AM..