View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I love Miss Fantasy, so I'm with you!
Good on you. I'm just curious to some of the other fans out there of the band. When you complain about the EP and say things like "to quote Stevie, this hurts my everything".....are you just "hurt" because you wanted a full album? Or are you hurt because you genuinely believe that the songs on Extended Play suck?

I know personally, it sounds silly, but I was trembling with excitement when I discovered Australia was first instead of last to get Fleetwood Mac'sExtended Play on iTunes. And I downloaded it about 0930 am and wow it just blew my mind! It was not the best they had done in a long time because it was the only thing in a long time, it is actually better than some Say You Will songs. And better than Time and Behind the Mask. And better than Stevie's songs on TITN (that's a given) but even Lindsey is making music better than some TITN songs in 2013, in my eyes.

This band still holds so much potential and they consistently surprise me and I don't know why but I think four 65ish year olds on stage doing what they do, you know the whole Stevie/Lindsey comedy routine, the whole play on their relationship making it seem more sexual than it actually is (because in real life, they probably do not have sex at all, let's be honest here, and Linds does not smell Stevie's hair when he's offstage I hope)...it's just so sweet and funny. And Mick loves playing the drums. Even John just loves playing, he's quiet - likes his life kept private and that's his right...but he just loves playing bass. They are all doing what they love. Their passions.

I just get annoyed when people purport to be fans of a music ensemble, group or band and then bag them...it feels disingenous.