View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My first LB solo concert!!

I was another one of the lucky ones who got to see Lindsey's concert, and it was beyond anything I imagined. Sorry for this late review, but it's been such a busy weekend, this is the first chance I've had!

Michele, bless her heart, already gave you the complete run down, so I'll just give you a few of my own observations. Like I said, the concert exceeded everything I had hoped it would be. Maybe because I've never seen him solo before, but, I think really, because he's THAT good!

The first thing that was apparent to probably everybody was that the photos and videos from the TEC awards were horrible. He looked nothing like them!! He looks so much younger in real-life : ) He had a nice, healthy tan, and has put on a few pounds - good pounds...he was in excellent shape! He looked more like somewhere between SYW and UTS era Lindsey. He rocked faded blue jeans, tight, but not too tight ( his butt looked great, thank you very much! ), and just looked, um, HOT!! His leather jacket was fitted nicely, so he looked really muscular and his henley fit well too, rather than hanging off of him. It was a good black/brown color ( thank god not red! ). The outfit suited him and he looked comfortable, looked like the rock star he is! Frankly, he was beautiful. Stunning, in fact. I was in the 4th row, so I had a good view, and I wasn't disappointed in the least. He just looked sooooooo good!!!

Equally apparent was that he was relaxed, and having a really good time!! No tenseness, or melancholy at all. Just happy, and his smile lit up the place!! Everything about his look, and demeanor, was what I had hoped it would be. Not only did he look as good as he ever has, but he sounded as good too!! He really did. His voice was so strong, and he just hit everything right. He played brilliantly too, and even the standards ( ISA, NGBA, TRBL, etc, ) sounded great. If they seemed tired on the Unleashed tour, they didnt on Friday night. Trouble and NGBA were a good tempo ( not quite as perfect as Soundstage, but not as drawn out as GOS or UL ). He went back to the acoustic Go Insane, and it really showd off how commanding his voice still is. The climax of the song was crazy good, and I don't know how his guitar takes that kind of intenseness!! *chills*, as always!!

Every one of his new songs sounded amazing, and the audience clearly was digging them. God, what a treat to hear them! Waiting for September will be excruciating. Even with ripped mp3's I want to hear the actual album so bad. The song that I've been hummimg since I left the concert - and am still humming as I type, is In Our Own Time. When he got to the part where it starts to rock out, everyone just loved it, it sound really cool. I agree totally with shackin' up about the hooks...that all the songs were truly catchy, and would easily play on the radio, but still had a Lindsey edge to them. Several of you have said how POI reminds you of something from the 60's. As soon as it started, my first thought was he was doing a John Stewart cover! The beginning ( and only the beginning ) sound a LOT like Greenback Dollar by the Kingston Trio. It's definitely only a nod though, as Lindsey then takes it in another direction entirely.

Thank you Elle for alerting me to this event even happening! If I hadn't read your tweet, I would have missed this most amazing concert, and time with friends!! And thank you Pattie and Elle for the great videos you've posted, and for encouraging me to fly down the coast to LA!!

I didn't get much video of the new songs - too intent on listening, plus I didn't bring my good camera 'cause I thought they wouldn't let me in, so I borrowed my son's ipod not knowing how much space was available. I only got a few snippets : / I did get all of In Our Own Time, though ( the only new song in it's entirety ). I also got Shut Us Down, in full, which he opened with, and also his speech at the beginning, which Michele described in amazing detail : ) earlier. They're posted below, along with the end of Go Insane, and the beginning of NGBA - including a bit of the new intro he teased us with!

In Our Time:

Intro:

Go Insane (clip):

NGBA (clip):

SUD: