View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I love Queen. I just thought the movie wasn’t very good.
My post wasn't directed only at you. But Live Aid was a major event in music history, and Queen was an essential part of its success. Any Queen fan know that.
I think they recreated it perfectly. And people in the audience are actually Queen fans. So for any of us that scene is special and emotional. Because of what that event meant in Queen story and because we know all those people are not just actors but fans.

I don't know what some people that went to see the movie expected. Freddie dying? Every major moment of Queen's life was covered. Until Live Aid. Actually Freddie found out a couple of years later that he had AIDS. But of course it had to be part of the movie. There are inaccuracies, I agree, but you can't have everything.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.