View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Well, the line was that he has "taken leave" of the band. But I also found that a bit curious. It could just be Lindsey-speak and not mean much but his whole little talk there made it sound like he hadn't shut the door for good on working with the band again.
that's one of his vintage lines, same as "fulfilling our destiny". he used it over and over at Buckvie shows, saying Christine has taken a leave of a band for 16 years.

i do agree with others though that particular phrasing as well as the one about some band factions "losing their perspective" signals he is leaving the door open to repair the legacy. it's pretty clear he considers FM his band -as he should - "for the last 3 months i've taken leave of absence of my band of 43 years, Fleetwood Mac, not by my doing or my choice." and he'd like to wrap up on a positive note for the band legacy.

not my choice btw, but i understand his stance. he's a much bigger person than most of us would be in his situation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"