View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
He makes it sound like she said the Iran hostage part to him directly, which in theory she could have, but personally I highly doubt it. He's quoting pretty much verbatim what she said in a published interview around that time. His book (and those of Mick) very much rely on padding from published interviews which the "authors" then present as if they were there when these things were said. I take Ken with a major grain of salt, in particular given his bias regarding Lindsey. Sure, he was there, but if you believe him he was as wasted most of the time as the rest of them, and a lot of his attention would have been focused on technical issues....and given that band members declined to share their memories with him for his book he had to pull their thoughts from somewhere. I just don't get the sense that Ken was as "inside" the band members' (especially S&L) circle as, say, Richard.
People will believe what they want to believe. Ken was never an insider, not as Richard anyway. And the Ayatollah part was never told to him directly as far as I know.
And $tevie clearly has no idea what's like to being held hostage. Seriously, the woman is unbelievable.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.