View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. while Ken's descriptions are usually negatively colored towards Lindsey by some kind of who-is-really-FM-producer competition, i think this one is right on the money. Tusk era seems to have been the peak of Lindsey's contempt, hatred and frustration with Stevie, and this song is unusually direct in clearly stating it. that one live version from the Tusk tour?? dripping with hate and contempt. but it's a great song.

looks like 2010s were the other way around - Lindsey completely being at peace with FM, Stevie, his solo career, and everyone's place in each others lives, while Stevie was apparently boiling with resentment towards him. weird thing is that they really never saw each other while working on FM tours, except on stage. he avoided any gatherings she'd pull together inviting the band while on the road with FM, and was mostly doing his own thing.

that last sentence is also revealing - her characterizing his writing bitter songs about being dumped by her, or that she was still expecting him to do stuff foe her as "his mistreatment of her." Just like now - apparently she expects him to just disregard that she kicked him outta their band, and she doesn't see any need to apologize.
You think that it could have been her affair with Mick? Had to be one of the most hurtful thing to do to someone you just broke up with and still have to work with everyday. Of all the people to choose. Someone told me that they saw a Rumours show and Mick and Stevie kissed on stage so you can only imagine the feelings that conjured up for Lindsey. Stevie and Lindsey both have done some pretty cruel to each other over the years so they're both to blame but at some point it is time to grow up and I think Lindsey has. Unfortunately, the other has not.