View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Jeez, it sounds like you're referring to the Time album (which so far, has outsold this new EP) So, in your face, Time-haters!
Touche! Although I think it's important to remember that Time was released in a different time (har har). Their sales expectations must be considerably tempered by this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Whose standards? Fleetwood Mac's standards. And Stevie made it clear that she does care in that she based the prospects of further new music on the success of this EP. Why the band didn't promote it I really don't know.
Yes, I think it's fair to say that the band has demonstrated over the years that they do have a commercial mindset, particularly Stevie and Mick, but I think all of them to a degree. I recently watched the Destiny Rules documentary and I swear almost half of the screentime was centred around the band's angsting over whether people would actually buy Say You Will. But then, they must be aware of how little they did to promote the EP. It'll be interesting to find out how they all are reacting to this.