View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I appreciate CADreaming and I appreciate elle and I love being a member of these forums.
Well, on an active forum, i like the way everyone has their own niche. I mean, studies have shown that twins develop interests that complement or compensate for each other. So, if one twin is very good in math, maybe the other one will become strong in English. You kind of find your place in the other's weakness.

So, on the X-Files forum there were people who were all into the mythology episodes. About the alien invasion coming through . . . ears of corn, I reckon. Corn and black oil. Well, that was not my forte at all. And because the people online knew every twist, detail and nuance of the mythology narrative, I found that I paid less and less attention to it myself, because if I needed information about it, I could always read it in their posts. I never needed to have it in my own head. So, I would concentrate on one part of the show and use other posters as my back up storage drive when it came to plotlines that were less compelling to me.

That's what I liked about the Ledge when I came. If I wanted to know about Chicken Shack, I knew that there were Christine fans like Gail and Mary Anne who knew it. People always talk about the angry Smile at You and I think it's FM on that demo and I knew that someone like David would be able to listen to the instruments and give an informed opinion as to whether the players on the "angry" demo were FM members or not. To me, that's what CADreaming is like. She has her own forte and it was so much fun to come here and see that she had thrown up the lyrics to Lindsey's SWS songs when those Saban videos were released, because I was really into trying to find a connection between the new songs and the past and I knew that she could understand that, even if we came to very different conclusions. It was a very fun time.

I guess I never wanted anyone to be the same type of FM fan that I am because I actually get more out of a board when there are different kinds of fans than I am. Not into Peter Green, but there have been times when I've needed insight from people who are. You can kind of make a collective brain together. You know, you keep track of how many times Krycek has threatened Mulder's life and I'll count how many times Scully has reached out to hold his hand. Michele

Michele