View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I always found the whole don't own a conputer\cell phone schtick particularly irksome. I would say she's pretty sheltered. And she doesn't drive so she's dependent on others. She talked about getting her drivers license. I don't know if that came to pass.If I lived in LA I would want someone to drive me around too.
In one of those talks she did for her movie a few hears ago she even said herself that she lives a sheltered life. There's an old interview of Christine back in the 80s that pretty much sums it up where she talks about Stevie and says how when she first met her, she "had her feet on the ground" but now she lives in her own world (in context she was explaining why they don't socialize anymore).
It's not necessarily always a bad thing but living that lifestyle where you're kind of just in a bubble and mostly surrounded by specific people who cater to you undoubtably has its impact over the years. It's even obvious in some things Stevie will say every now and then. One thing that stood out to me was from just a year ago when Stevie was promoting her tour and talking about how it's different with Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey because he wants rehearsals at 2 in the afternoon and she doesn't even wake up until 3 so that causes conflict between them:l. I thought that was bizarre because to most people, going into work at 2:00 is totally normal, in fact it's kind of late since most people start work in the morning. But Stevie has her own schedule and she's used to everything being structured around it in her own life.