View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I adore Hollywood Town Hall and Tomorrow The Green Grass (two of my favorite albums of the 90's) and agree that those two albums are dissimilar to Fleetwood Mac. Those are much more in the Neil Young style. However, the albums that followed are my favorites where Gary Louris became the leader of the band. Those albums steer towards the Fleetwood Mac/Eagles sound. Rainy Day Music is a masterpiece as is Sounds of Lies. Rainy Day Music could easily have been a Fleetwood Mac album. And the recent album Paging Mr. Proust was fantastic (check out the song "Quiet Corners & Empty Spaces" which sounds like Gary wrote it for Christine). Gary is such a great songwriter and guitarist. Few can match a melody to a lyric like Gary. Reminds me of Lindsey in that he plays to the song and never tries to show off. I've seen Gary in soundchecks and he's a monster guitar player. Stevie and Christine would sound so good with Gary.

I have those albums as well.Will have to give them another listen.