Thread: All over again
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t know how familiar Stevie is with the albums, but it was her idea to play the song, not Christine’s. I don’t know why that’s hard to believe. Stevie and Mick hung out and listened to old and obscure songs in Italy in 2017, and the 2018-19 tour, at least initially, followed a similar formula to her 2017 tour.
You're still joking, right?
Stevie was asked to name her favorite Lindsey song in 1998 and could not even name one until the interviewer felt embarrassed for her and threw her a lifeline of the song Stephanie and guess what....Steive said that was her favorite Lindsey song after she could not name any. Then she took credit for the song because "names don't mean anything for Lindsey."
I would not be surprised that Stevie even knew Time existed let alone one of the obscure tracks. I don't believe she is sitting around listening to the Fleetwood Mac channel either. I don't believe Christine does not know which album it comes from either.
Each member of the band brought multiple songs to rehearse for the tour. This was one of them. For me to believe Stevie's story of her hearing it on the radio is as truthful as Stevie and Lindsey hugging on stage pretending to care deeply for eachother.
I don't believe either story. If so you would also have to believe Christine is dumb. Sorry I don't believe that either.
You seem to want to believe a woman who could not memorize the phrase "I want my MTV" and needed cue cards and multiple takes. But then again... she was born in the desert so she knows how it feels there. She either meant baby Jesus or Gulf War veterans. False comparison IMHO. This is also the woman that Joe Walsh stated thought the Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial (the one with cub scouts marching into Kentucky Fried Chicken was the latest Prince video at the Prince video premiere (Source: Joe Walsh Rockline 1990)

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-12-2020 at 02:32 PM..