View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Welwyn Hatfield Times by Alan Davies

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/what-s-on/k...sale_1_2199087

The Kids in America star from Codicote will be playing a series of Christmas shows later this year with special guest Nik Kershaw.

She brings her Christmas Party tour to three gigs this December, including London’s O2 Shepherds Bush Empire on Saturday, December 21.

The chart-topping daughter of Tewin’s veteran rock ‘n’ roll singer Marty Wilde will also play the 02 Academy in Bristol on Wednesday, December 18 and the O2 Academy in Birmingham the following night.

The dates will coincide with the release of her debut Christmas album that will be a mix of original and classic yuletide tunes.

Of her first solo UK shows since 1986, Kim said: “I can’t wait! Sorry it’s been so long for you guys in the UK – let’s make up for that this Christmas.

“And I’m so looking forward to sharing the stage with Nik Kershaw, one of my favourite artists. It’s going to be such fun!”

Kim and dad Marty attended this week’s Ivor Novello awards where they sat with Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie and Justin Hayward, who enjoyed a top five hit in the 1970s with Forever Autumn from Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds.

Kim tweeted yesterday (Thursday): “Ivor Novello lunch today with my lovely dad. Overwhelmed to be sitting on the same table as Christine McVie and Justin Hayward.”

The Magic 105.4 radio presenter became a surprise YouTube sensation last Christmas with a rather tipsy rendition of Kids in America on a train heading towards Potters Bar.

Accompanied by brother Ricky Wilde on guitar, she sang her debut single while wearing antlers on her head.

Her other big hits include Chequered Love, Cambodia, View From A Bridge, You Keep Me Hangin’ On, which was a number one smash in the USA, Another Step (Closer To You) with Junior Giscombe, You Came, and Four Letter Word.

In 1983, Kim was voted Best British Female Singer at the BPI Awards, while she performed to more than two million people on a five-month European stadium tour with Michael Jackson in 1988. She also supported David Bowie across Europe on his 1990 Greatest Hits Tour.