View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
if they improvised a bit, replaced a few songs by some they could do without drums or with light drums, people would leave happy that they got something different instead of demanding a refund (although, saying "i only got 2 out of 3 hr show so want a refund" is kinda ridiculous. many bands play that short to begin with). but they could have easily done acoustic Gypsy (didn't SN just do it for something or other?), Bleed To Love Her LB has been doing alone on his last tour with some ad-hoc harmonizing from CM and SN (plus just on Monday LB performed at that Judd Apatow charity show completely alone, without even guitar tech and sound guy so you know he is perfectly capable of whipping out a few songs or accompanying others), Say Goodbye they've been doing whole last year, Don't Stop is easy and i'm sure Christine has a few songs she can do on the spot just accompanying herself, without much drums. if Mick was sick for the last 24 hours, it seems a bit weird that they didn't think through any back-up plan.
My thoughts exactly. Lindsey, the master of playing by himself, couldn't thave whipped up a few more tunes? Doesn't the band have a drummer hidden in the back? Couldn't the drum tech finish the show? Don't they have a percussionist as well, which would allow them to keep going with someone keeping time?

This band is so inept, it amazes me it still has the following it does. They can't agree on recording an album, can't stray from the setlist, can't deal with an emergency. It's seriously pathetic.

I wish Mick a full recovery.

Last edited by RockawayBlind; 01-19-2015 at 12:17 PM..