View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Board politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think while when it comes to individuals, Lindsey is the problematic one for her, but that's not the only reason. I think she truly wants to feel in charge and in control and comfortable in her environment when she does an album. When she records with Fleetwood Mac, she's technically the least talented out of the 3 writers and probably ends up feeling that she is because she can't play an instrument and her production capabilities are still heavily dependent on other people. It probably hurts the ego a little, which I get. When she does her solo work, SHE'S the boss and she's in charge and she gets to have everything how she wants. Which is understandable imo, but still frustrating.
I'm sorry but I can't see how is understandable to want to be in control when you KNOW you're the least talented of the group. This happens in every work environment. If you're the least talented or experienced, you don't ask to be in charge. Simple as that.

I can't even understand how she's in charge in her solo work, because probably every person sorrounded her has more musical expertise.

She has every opportunity in her life to learn to play an instrument, yet she opted for the shawls and the twirls and the tambourine. Fine, to each their own. But then you don't ask to be in charge 40 years later. It's not right and it's not healthy for the band.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.