View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to try and do this. Hard to narrow down any Top 10...but here we go (in no particular order)...

When I Woke - Rusted Root
I'll never forget the first time I heard this album at a friend's house. It was thumping and jamming. Stayed with me a long time and still ranks high after all this time.

Catch A Fire - Bob Marley
My favorite album by Marley, hands down. I'll never forget the first time I heard 'Stop That Train'.

Arrival - ABBA
Good family memories with this album, not just my immediate family, but also Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. As kids we played this vinyl to death...dancing around like idiots. LOL. Good times.

The Wild Heart - Stevie Nicks
This is the album that got me really, really into Stevie. Bella Donna is technically a better album...but I have such a wild love for this album. This pick is certainly emotional for many reasons. Don't blame it on me...blame it on my wild heart.

Hotel - Moby
I've always loved this guys stuff...especially Play...but I fell in love with this album when I had the opportunity to attend a private party for the release, and Moby performed a very acoustic set of some songs from this forthcoming album. I was blown away...listening at a hotel, by the pool. Then partied down in his hotel room after the gig. I drank most of his vodka. LOL. I will never forget this night even though I got so drunk. Anyway, I really like this album concept.

Fuzzy - Grant Lee Buffalo
Ahhh...this debut album is tight from start to finish. Grant-Lee's writing and vocal style is nothing short of amazing. Been a fan ever since and own every band and solo work.

Bellybutton - Jellyfish
Another amazing debut album. Their second album, Spilt Milk, deserves honorable mention as well. A shame they broke up so soon.

IV - Led Zeppelin
An amazing album from start to finish. Made me a Zep head.

Raising Sand - Robert Plant & Allison Krauss
Something that really sounds like a terrible idea. But damn, does it ever work. This album is glorious. I listen to it often, I find it relaxing.

Buckingham Nicks - Buckingham Nicks
Why this album failed, I'll never know. How can you not fall in love with the vocals, songwriting and guitar on Frozen Love? Impossible.

And two albums I wanted to add, but couldn't pick between which two to choose, so they get a special mention for both albums that I played the **** out of when they came out. Still do. These are kick ass albums.

Ill Communication - Beastie Boys
Check Your Head - Beastie Boys

Last edited by Richard B; 02-23-2010 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: Grammar corrections