View Single Post
Old 05-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default YES!

YES YES!!! I do believe that's it! I'm *pretty* sure it was teh same person for Smile and Smiley Smile... SS came out in 1967, from the remnants/sessions of Smile...and Wild Honey later on the same year, I believe. Arny Geller...the name sounds familiar...he may have done the cover *design* for the 2 and had someone else as an artist... I do think it was Frank Holmes though.

I love Heroes and Villains..that's probably my favorite song on SS as well, outside of Good Vibrations...I don't really count that, somehow, though..even as experimental as it is, it always sounded a bit out of sync with the rest of the album...more complicated and produced. I've heard some of the Smile bootleg outtakes as well...God, what an album..! "Surf's Up" is hands down my favorite Smile song, it is incredible. I can definitely see Lindsey being heavily influenced by SS...even though it was "a bunt instead of a grand slam", which Carl hit the nail on teh head by saying...it was still the most different, experimental thing around, and I can see Linds maybe picking up a thing or 2 with his love of manipulating the human voice from this too..!

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.