View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Jamie - i'm seriously impressed!

a) you stayed in front of Lindsey's mic the whole show and didn't try to run to Stevie's!
b) you filmed what was in front of you and just a couple of times strayed to Stevie's side... you filmed her standing there during GYOW just the one time she was right in front of you but the rest of the time you didn't follow her with your camera but were actually showing us Lindsey's guitar solo and fan guitar strumming!

hey, did Lindsey do some audience hand-shaking there at the end?

thanks for filming and for sharing your video.

and just if someone's wondering why i'm so impressed: you are self-confessed diehard Stevie fan. i've stood at some of these FM shows by people who are self-confessed music-first, BN-first, FM-first fans. i was a bit surprised and amused by some of them looking in awe at Stevie, while they were standing right there in front of Lindsey and he was playing and singing, and she was doing nothing musically.
Thanks for the compliments. I could have gone to the stage before the start of the show, but I really don't like being right up against it. Yeah, you're technically closer to the artist, but my experience with that is that you end up just looking up their nostrils most the night. I like to see them, and them to see me, which is why I like to stay back in the rows 2-7 area. I love the eye contact. But that's just me.

As far as filming goes, I just tried to do my best with what was in front of me (mostly Lindsey). Lindsey put on a great show too. I almost got a towel! One flew right by me - I think it's on one of my videos. But I did try to get video of Stevie when I could (how could I not )

My next show is July 5th in San Diego, for the VIP Mick thingy. We have 4th row, center for that one. I'm not planning on filming that one though- just want to soak it all in.

Jamie

Last edited by jkmaletic; 05-29-2013 at 11:31 PM..