View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was very surprised to see all the news... I thought at first that it was a belated April Fools joke or another meme that went viral.

I know that a few of these articles say Lindsey was fired but this makes no sense to me. The only way I can imagine Lindsey leaving is if Lindsey left of his own accord like he did before. Unless he was physically assaulting band members I do not see anyone even thinking they had the authority to fire him.

There is no financial incentive to want Lindsey gone - in fact, the opposite is true, with the talent and energy he brings to the stage - and it seems like everyone was on good terms after Buckingham McVie... Excepting Stevie, of course, but according to her, she and Lindsey don't really speak offstage so I don't know why she'd have a problem touring with him.

As for Lindsey... he always brings the energy to a Fleetwood Mac tour and all of the band members seemed like they were on the same page as far as playing different material so I don't see how he could have felt creatively stifled... Unless he wanted another "cash grab" tour and the others didn't? But that seems so unlikely. The only thing that makes sense is Lindsey wanted something else entirely and left of his own volition.

I don't get this at all.