Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Oh I totally think there were physical altercations in their relationship. I think these two continue to have a co-dependent relationship, still a bit unhealthy to this day. Better than what it was, but still codependent. Lots of money at stake makes people tolerate a LOT of things.. and I do think having to still deal with each other during the aftermath of their breakup fed a lot of their drug use. I get the feeling Stevie's loyalty to Fleetwood Mac over many years has to do with Mick (and then Chris and John) rather than with Lindsey.
And though I wouldn't say she had a "loyalty" towards Lindsey exactly, I think Stevie is still with the Mac because of him and when he wasn't there, she didn't want to be there either. She said the same that herself and Mick said that during the Cage tour she was unsettled and unhappy because she wasn't used to being on stage without Lindsey. She has defined him as the Mac and said there is no Mac without him and I think she feels that. She is aware of the money that touring makes for John and Mick and I think she is happy when she can help build that security for them, but when Lindsey wasn't there, she lost that incentive to help them make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I think that has mellowed over the years but I still believe that when Stevie makes her comments about living through a "nightmare" and "no one knows what REALLY went on" with the band and her and Lindsey, his anger management issues are definitely part of what she refers to.
I've seen her say that no one knows everything that went on many times, but I never heard her discuss life with Lindsey or FM as a "nightmare." I've only seen her describe the Klonopin years that way. I have heard her say that hers and Lindsey's relationship was always volatile.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 08-06-2012 at 02:02 PM..