View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I happened to catch the band by chance, while on a roller coaster outing at an amusement park in California -- same line up: Pat Benetar, Fleetwood Mac, REO Speedwagon.

I was in the park and saw the advertisement. I could not believe it! It was a somewhat surreal and very strange experience to see Fleetwood Mac sans Lindsey, Stevie and Christine. I enjoyed hearing new renditions of the old songs. It was much like when the early Rumours-era band was still performing older songs from the band's history.

What was disappointing and somewhat sad was that after such a long and lauded history, this band was second on the bill of a oldies package/ nostalgia tour performing in an amusement park to a sparse, diverse and indifferent audience.

It was kind of sad but they were starting over as a new act under an established name. The show I saw in Mansfield, MA Fleetwood Mac was the last act to perform after REO. REO's stage and lighting were impressive compared to the other 2 acts. By the time FMAC were a minute into The Chain you could see people leaving the venue. I think they were still expecting Stevie. All in all I thought they did well considering the 3 Rumours era singers/songwriters were not there.