View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Mystified.

Hollywood is my favorite song on the album. I like that song better than Nights in Estoril.

I like So Excited, but recognize it for what it is. I consider it my guilty pleasure.

Think About Me is my favorite Christine song on the album, but Honey Hi comes in second. I wish there had been some way to get her and Mick centerstage together with the other players almost in shadow and the drummer and singer could have done this little treasure intimately, almost as a duet. The fact that the words are so sparse and basic seems to make the simple message penetrate more, the rhythmic beat tapping feelings that dwell beyond the grasp of words. Actually, it reminds me of a calypso or reggae song, in that sense.

I have to say that the songs I dislike aren't necessarily bad songs. I just grew wary of them due to the repetition. Oh Daddy, for example. If that song had gone away and left me in peace, I would never think to disparage it, as I never really have a bad word to say about Sugar Daddy. But unlike the reclusive Sugar, Oh followed me around and stalked me for decades, 'til I just feel: yuck.

Michele