View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it's fascinating to watch him do this kind of promo/almost infomercial kind of thing because it's not intuitively who he is or what he's comfortable with. It was a bit odd and slightly awkward to watch him in this video. He's not the most natural. (as opposed to Stevie who just goes out and sells sells sells to you like she's your best friend). Mind you, I think it's an important part of marketing, but he's just never been able to bring himself to do this kind of thing before.... he's always been about 'the music will either sell itself or it won't'. I have to wonder if he'd been more willing to do more of this "shameless self-promotion" (which is how I think he would have seen it in the past, and maybe still does ) if some of his earlier solo work would have gotten a bit more traction with a wider audience
lol he's adorable how awkward he is in these... "it's a picture of... me?"

bunch of tweets from him after this too, asnwering some pretty interesting questions.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"