View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the Tango in the Night Tour I think it was a smart idea to feature the music of Christine and Stevie, which they did. Lindsey pulled out of the Tour and the band at the last minute so it was also a smart idea to have the new members play some of the old FM classics. When Stevie and Lindsey first joined FM, they too performed many of FM's classics.
I never cared for Billy's guitar playing. His song In The Back Of My Mind is one of the best FM songs ever, IMO. But that was the ONLY contribution of his that held any worth with me.
Rick Vito should have been the only guitarist hired. It was one thing back in 1987 to except the fact that Lindsey was permanently gone and another thing to try and accept two new replacements. Sorry to say this but Billy was not good looking enough for FM. Rick was.
I enjoyed the Behind The Mask album. It simply wasn't promoted properly. Like I mentioned in another thread I always felt Love Is Dangerous would have made a great lead off single. FM fans have always wished the band would release the most rockin' songs from their records but they or the record companies keep wanting to present them as MOR . They have enough slow songs, so I say keep the radio songs fast and loud.
Time was doomed though because without Stevie Nicks no one(myself included) really gives a damn about FM anymore. I did go see them on the 1995 Tour and Bekka sounded good singing GDW in concert but overall Mick was trying too hard to recreate Stevies' prescence and it really just wasn't gonna work.

Last edited by vivfox; 12-26-2009 at 02:39 PM..