View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
One of the reasons Stevie gave for quitting FM in 1990 was, "Mick keeps trying to recreate FM in its heyday and it's simply not going to work." However she never publicly said anything bad about Billy and she hired Rick to perform as lead guitar player on the SA Tour. So really then, what was her real issue for quitting?
From everything I've heard, Stevie and Billy are still on good terms.

I don't think her comments represent anything personal. In fact, Billy made a similar comment specifically regarding Bekka Bramlett. The problem with the post-1987 bands is that the band DID try to recreate the Big Mac instead of letting the new people bring their true personalities into the music, like they did with Welch, Nicks, and Buckingham. Behind The Mask could've been a monster album, but the band caved in to label pressure to focus more squarely on the girls. Billy and especially Rick had better material that got ****canned. I think that rubbed Stevie the wrong way. Even the Tango tour set lists could've been a better showcase for the new guys as well as revisiting the classics.

THE Stephen Hopkins