View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Has anyone read the blog entry on the Safe Passages Foundation site? Pretty heinous and shameful if all of these allegations are true.
I agree. And while I simply don't know if these accusations have any basis in truth or if are simply painted with the broad brush of association with the cult that other members within had committed such atrocities or if it is actually something he openly took part in...

It is too hard for me to wrap my head around this because I'm such a fan of the early/original Fleetwood Mac and always thought of Jeremy Spencer as the Elmore James standard torch bearer that never fell off that band-wagon. He's also the only one of the 3 of his era's Fleetwood Mac contemporaries that somehow found his way thru the smoke and fog of the tragic consequences of their band's permissive and self-indulgent endeavors of drug and alcohol abuse... Of the 3 of them he's the only one that maintained his guitar playing chops, his voice, and from all outward appearances; his mental and physical health and well being... His voice is literally exactly the same some 40+ years later...

If it's true I'll despise the man eternally and will be glad his American tour was cancelled! If it's not, then I feel truly sorry for and saddened by the grievous slander by association that has been inflicted upon him by his ties with the cult and hope that it can be overcome for him and his fans...

If he truly took part in what is alleged, then he can go to hell and stay the hell out of America!

I hope it's not true, but I just don't know...

I am saddened and distressed by the thought that it could possibly all be true...

Last edited by Jimi Mac; 02-21-2014 at 06:09 AM..