View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
^^^ THIS! And lest we forget "Holiday Road" - a song that is basically 100% "hooks" within both the verses and chorus!
ha, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Look no further than FM's most recent release...when Lindsey wants to be Fleetwood Maccy he can be hooky. Sad Angel is really hooky. Infectiously so. I think he just gets a bit weird in his own personal music tastes from time to time and loses focus.

PS
'Hooks' doesn't always necessarily mean good by the way.
yup. just a most recent example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Maybe he managed a good song with "Second Hand News", "Go your own way" is a great song, but that has nothing to do with the melody or the refrain. The other songs on the list are - well- they prove my point.
are you familiar with these other songs on the list? your post makes me wonder how you define a hook?

A hook is a musical idea, often a short riff, passage, or phrase, that is used in popular music to make a song appealing and to "catch the ear of the listener". The term generally applies to popular music, especially rock, R&B, hip hop, dance, and pop. In these genres, the hook is often found in, or consists of, the chorus. A hook can be either melodic or rhythmic, and often incorporates the main motif for a piece of music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hook_(music)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"