View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Dashut posted a bit about Robin on his Tumblr:

Quote:
Memories Of Robin Williams

Just heard of the passing of Robin Williams & am saddened to the heart. Spent a few hours with Robin & Mick back in Malibu days, between 80 and 85. Mick & I were having dinner at “I Love Sushi” one night, right next to Zuma Beach, when in walked Robin. Immediately recognizing Mick, he sat down with us & had me passing raw sea urchin through my nose in minutes. Funny & personal as he was, we ended up back at Mick’s house (The Blue Whale we called it) and his humor quickly turned to a depressing morbid diatribe, filled with dark matter. Mick spent the whole night till sunrise talking to Robin & reassuring him that things would be alright. But it was not a particularly fun night, rather one of hard listening, & even harder drinking. Still I had a deep respect for him & walked away feeling funny about life, although not in a way I intended. My deepest condolences to the Williams Family & I think I just heard my last pair of suspenders fall to the closet floor. See you in heavens comedy club Robin, I’ll make sure to tip Peter extra well for you after he seats me near the stage.

Love,

….r
This is truly such a phenomenal loss. He was a person of both incredible talent and incredible character, and he brought so much happiness to so many that it's troubling to think he was struggling so much inside. I hope he's at peace now, and may everyone who knew and loved him be comforted by the amazing legacy he left behind.