View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Why on earth would you want to spend so much money on a fake FM? It's going to have ZERO magic and Lindsey's ghost will be haunting the stage. I went to the 87 show? They sounded FINE, but zero magic. Never again.
Different strokes for different folks?

I don't mean to be flippant, because I would have been gutted if this happened anytime between '97 and '04. I truly do feel badly for those who are deeply upset by this. I guess I'm not as invested now as I was back in the day. Maybe I can't help but be amused by the drama that surrounds this group, even with its members entering their seventh decade? I long ago gave up any hope of a new album or creative direction. After the passings of Glen Frey and Tom Petty, I'm okay with the nostalgia factor. I'm okay with a cash-grab Tour O' the Hits.

Full disclosure: Stevie is my favorite and I'd have just gone to see her solo last year if she came anywhere near where I live. But she didn't, so I'm going to shell out money for mediocre tickets to go see Stevie, Christine, Mick and John for what could be the last time. I'm not going to care that they don't sound like they used to, and while I was disappointed about the Lindsey news...I'm going to take what I can get. And what I'm getting also includes Mike Campbell, which for me is a cool consolation prize.