View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I’m paying for cable to watch these pieces of entertainment. Not to be preached to and made to feel bad because I don’t share their political views and I don’t own a DVR. Nobody appointed these entertainers as experts on social justice and a lot of their movies promote violence and other stuff. Hell Woody Allen and a Roman Polanski are pedophiles. They are a bunch of hypocrites.

But you are even worse. You know what they are doing is wrong but pretend it isn’t because you agree with their political message. Everyone knows politics doesn’t belong in Award Shows or in Sports. That’s not what people are paying for. Actors and Athletes aren’t known for their intellectual ability anyway. Why would anyone listen to them?

The bottom line is people pay for entertainment to forget their problems, not have it shoved in their face by self righteous, spoiled, rich liberals who don’t live like the rest us of do anyway.

But you already know this and so does everyone else.
But do you have the same views if you went to a Kid Rock or Ted Nugent concert? Each spends endless time on political rants. You say they are entertainers and are paid to entertain. Are you against the Hollywood just because they are liberal? Hollywood was and always will be liberal. I could care less. If I went to a Ted Nugent concert I could care less about his political speeches too. I don't get into silencing people for their views or beliefs. The worst censorship is when radio, media, and country music artists took aim at the Dixie Chicks for one comment that was barely political. They went out to destroy their careers. Radio stations no longer played Dixie Chicks and they were banned from events. Even the Country Music awards took prime time aim at them. That is so wrong.
John Fogerty is/was a political activist. In 2004 he went overboard in attacking George Bush at all his concerts. And you know what? George Bush had John Fogerty songs programmed into his own Ipod and considered him one of his favorites.
You must learn to separate your political views from everything in life. There is a full world of experiences out there. There is tons of liberal hypocrisy. But there is also conservative hypocrisy. Nugent has said way worse things about Obama than the Dixie Chicks said about Bush. Nugent was not banned from radio like the Dixie Chicks were. Nugent still has a career but the Chicks do not.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-11-2018 at 06:08 PM..