View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 12:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've been around here for a few years, mainly to follow the updates and find information. From what I've seen there's always been some of this tone in the forum about this band member or that band member. But I just tend to steer clear of it.

I've said myself that it's understandable people are upset about what's happened, but there is no need for outright rude behaviour and not being able to respect different way of looking at things.

I have been on this forum longer than Sugar Mouse and he is obviously a Finn fan but he evidently has at least as much knowledge of FM as I do (certainly more than could be accumulated in short time since this turn of events) and probably more, since he's evidently followed them longer - since 70s, whereas for me it's since 90s.

A moderator has thanked him for the information he has provided about Neil Finn since joining this forum, for those interested in more about him but not quite sure where to start. He has not disrespected or shown ignorance about any other member of the group.

I'm feeling quite torn myself atm about everything, as I've been aware of Neil Finn since early 1980s as a great local talent. I know the great work he is capable of. And then I admire Lindsey Buckingham as perhaps my guitar player favourite of all time. I have great respect for them both. So it's a very difficult time for me as fan of both acts. Not totally sure how I feel - just seeing how things unfold.

Last edited by Missy; 05-27-2018 at 01:50 AM..