View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I never really "got" this song. I mean I like it, and she definitely gives powerhouse performances of it in concert, but of the TUSK Nicks songs (which I think is her best collection of songs on a Mac album), "Sisters Of The Moon" just didn't seem as good as the other four she wrote.

I think part of the reason why is that it always sounded like it wasn't actually finished on the album. Like there should have been another verse. So when I heard the concert version which adds the "we listen to their voices and ignore our own voice" section I was like "aha yeah there it is".
i'm the other way around. of her 5 on Tusk, the only one i cannot stand is droning dirge Sara.

i adore SOTM, especially the crazy guitar parts in the alternate Tusk version and older live performances. (unfortunately Stevie muzzled Lindsey so he was not allowed to do the guitar solo in their recent SOTM performances, and that ruined the song).

i think my order of Stevie's 5 Tusk songs is:

1. SOTM
2. Angel
3. Beautiful Child (harmonies on live versions from SYW tour were even better than album!)
4. Storms (same re harmonies on 2009 tour, way better than album)
5. Sara

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"