View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I agree with this, and it is baffling. TANGO and MASK were the Mac albums with sub-par Nicks compositions. Regarding TANGO, it would have been a rival to RUMOURS had Nicks's three songs been high quality. They would have been better off with Seven Wonders, Juliet, and Ooh My Love from those sessions, or by resurrecting If You Were My Love or Smile At You from the MIRAGE sessions.
Its not really baffling. Substance abuse really hurt Stevie during this era. Had she been around and not went to rehab or showed up drunk and high maybe the band would have had more to work on In Stevie's own words she says she "mailed" them "When I see you again" from the road during the RAL tour. Ooh My Love's track was stolen accidently from Petty. Stevie just did not have the time to spend with the band nor was she in the state to spend time with the band.
On BTM, Stevie was in a zombie like state.

Yes the possibilities could have been better. Imagine Tango having "Running through the Garden" and "Smile at you"
Mick stated that Stevie only contributed 4 songs. I don't think Ooh My Love was considered because Stevie pulled it based on the stolen Petty track. She contributed "What has rock n roll ever done for you" but the band passed. Not baffling at all. In fact its a miracle what Lindsey pulled off. Its really kind of spooky. I know he would never write a book but gosh could you imagine the stories he could tell.