View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What if Tusk had only been one cd/album?

I love Tusk, although I have to admit it took me a LONG time to appreciate it. But I can't help but think the album would have sold millions more if it had been 12 songs instead of 20. Basically, 4 songs by each of the songwriters. I know we would never come to a consensus over all the songs that should make the cut, but I think we can agree on Tusk, Sara, Think About Me, and Sisters of the Moon (all singles), and 8 more songs. So for Tusk:

Over and Over
What Makes You Think You're the One
Think About Me
Sara
Tusk
Sisters of the Moon

Not That Funny
Angel
Brown Eyes
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Beautiful Child
Never Make Me Cry

Then, that would have left 8 songs from Tusk that could have been included on Mirage, along with Hold Me, Gypsy, Love in Store, and 1 more Mirage song. Imagine this listing for Mirage:

Love in Store
The Ledge
That's Alright
Save Me a Place
Never Make Me Cry
Storms

Hold Me
That's All For Everyone
Gypsy
Honey Hi
Walk a Thin Line
Never Forget

Then, continuing the domino effect, that would have meant 8 more songs from Mirage that could have been considered for Tango in the Night. Imagine Tango with this listing:

Big Love
Seven Wonders
Everywhere
Tango in the Night
Welcome to the Room... Sara
Wish You Were Here

Little Lies
Eyes of the World
Straight Back
Isn't It Midnight
Can't Go Back
You and I, II

I know it's kind of like playing Monday afternoon after the game quarterback, but regardless of what ever combination you mix and match, it makes Mirage and Tango so much stronger in terms of material.

I'd love to hear other combinations, and why.