View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Every now and then a FM song pops up on shuffle or on my SiriusXM stations. I usually listen but it's not the same. There's a bitterness there. Such a shame considering they have been such a huge part of my life.... They've corrupted their own legacy.
When a song comes on when I'm in a public place, I listen. I might even strain to hear it, but it makes me sad. As you said, it's certainly not the same and I just feel torn up about Christine. I've known what Mick and Stevie were for a long time now. I once loved Stevie. I don't think I've ever loved Mick. Maybe I liked him but didn't love him. Maybe I loved him and didn't like him, but I NEVER respected him. At any rate, it's easy to simply despise Mick and Stevie as the inevitable conclusion of the path I've been on.

But with Christine I just tear up and I hear her voice over a speaker and it makes me yearn. I can't believe it has ended like this. Honestly, this is a much more painful ending than Sonny Bono skiing into a tree after I'd been a fan of his since childhood.